Stairway was my first...

But don't tell them they are learning it. Teach them the cords and make them
strum them clear. Then pick out a few Classical type cord progressions that
use the same finger (picking) style. About the time they start getting
comfortable with the finger pinking style have them put the 2 together.

Most beginner guitarist will want to be Jimmy Page too soon and if you hide
the song from them they will learn it quicker and better.

Other real easy songs to learn:
Smoke on the Water. (Deep Purple)
You really got me. (Van Halen)
Babe I'm Gonna Leave you (great Spanish guitar song to learn) (Led Zeppelin)
Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin)
Fly By Night (Rush)
2112 (Rush)
Anthem (Rush)
Bastille Day (Rush)
Last in Line (Dio)
Detroit Rock City (Kiss)
Heavens on Fire (Kiss)

Try not to do too much with the newer songs. Most of them may sound good
but...most are drop D and will not teach any style, rhythm, feeling or
timing. A power cord takes at minimum 2 fingers (1 and 3) to play in drop D
it's 1.

I am sure I can come up with more easy songs to learn.. Here look at part of
our set list made up of "What can we get down real fast"
http://www.rivergard.com/

Rick