Wow, great tips. The file cabinet I need to build will indeed be
holding hanging files. The desk it needs to go with is basic hardware
lumber (pine?) that is painted, so matching it won't be a problem. The
snag is the desk isn't as deep as a regular file cabinet (which I have
shoved under the desk now), so I need to build my own. What is the
strongest joining method for boxes/drawers?