How do you feel about the Apple Software Update for keeping up with
the patches? I personally can't stand it. I hate that it groups
trivial updates, like a point release of iTunes for AOL users, along
with the actual security updates. So it pops up no matter the
severity.

And even if you don't particularly want some updates, there's no way
to remove them from your list. You can uncheck them, but that's it. I
don't have an iPod. I don't have a web cam. So why the hell is it
trying to update my iPod and iSight drivers? And I don't even want
iCal. But it HAS to show up in the list. Ugh.

Just one of the many little anti-user-friendly things I hate about OS
X. I think I'm particularly annoyed because Apple gets so much (undue,
IMO) praise for high useability.

-Kevin