>From Michael T.

You can safely remove the tiles in question without breaking them by
carefully tapping out the grout line around the tiles in question. Tap
and
scrape the grout out. Next, you will want to get a small hand chizzzzzle
with a nice beveled end on it. SLOWLY and LIGHTLY tap the point of
contact
with the tile and the wall at a slight angle. You might nick the wall a
little but since your tiles will cover it up you can fill it in when the
tiles are off and as you re-prep before re-tiliing. I just got done
doing
this very same project when we replaced the fixtures in ym mother's
bathroom. We didn't lose one tile.