From: Adkins, Randy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:37 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: OMG! I must have one...

Why is that politically correct? Have we become such a society that based on
the diversity of cultures and nationalities that it is wrong to say
girlfriend, wife, etc..?

Does someone consider that as sexist? Or is it more along the lines as A
commitment issue by saying 'partner' does not mean they are as committed to
the relationship as the other?

I ran into this awhile back and trying to determine what to say.
I was dating a woman and we considered ourselves very committed to the
Relationship as some may call 'exclusive' in today's society. When I
introduced Her, my first reaction was 'girlfriend' not 'partner'. To me
saying 'partner'
In some cases means a legal contract or as the saying goes 'partner in
crime'.

So what crime would I be accused of. Wanting everyone to know this woman is
My girlfriend and I don't care who knows it.

For the women:  How does that make you feel when someone you are aka
'partners'
With in a relationship refers to you as their 'girlfriend'.

For the guys: What is your take? Is it a commitment issue?

Sorry I just don't get the society today that everything has to be
politically correct.
Someone going to sue me for saying 'girlfriend' rather than 'partner'?