Ray Champagne wrote:
> Wow, with the past digs that NASCAR has gotten on this list, I am surprised
> that someone else would admit to liking it.
>
> Who's your driver?  Mine's Rusty, and after her retires this year, I think
> that Jamie MacMurray will take over the ride, and I will become a fan of his.

Before you got active we had a talk about the antics of the number 20
car.  I used to watch F1 in college.  I tried to convince my friends to
watch.  They finally relented.  About 3 laps into watching it, Gary
Player had a horrible accident.  It soured everyone, including me, to
the experience.  The only thing I remember is Shumacker was good but he
always getting docked points for something illegal.  I read now that he
dominates.  The 3 drivers that used to push him left the sport or died.
  I used to watch NASCAR and root for Gordon.  Mostly because I could
identify with him the most.  I stopped watching it when number 3 died.
I realize that Gordon is probably the worst of them all.  I can see why
people don't like him. Shrug I guess I like to see Martin win one.
Unless he did win already.  I'm outta the loop

A year ago, for the first time in a while, I watched a race.  The sport
has changed a lot.  I can't tell the difference between the pitch men
and the drivers.  I guess the key terms now are restrictor plates and
cookie cuter speed tracks.  Shame.  Street courses were a blast.

PS Anyone do rally racing?  I'm trying to see the costs associated with
it.  My friends rally race in Subaru's and it looks like a lot of fun.

--
2004 - The year $184M couldn't buy a pennant.

Ron Artest: Extremely flawed, very accidental, semi-martyr