Hellblazer started off with a minor character in Swamp Thing that basically
was teaching him about himself/conning him across the country. It was later
when the character's appeal was seen and was loaded into it's own series.
Best idea that DC had. Launched the Vertigo line.

>> On
>> the other hand, as a major Hellblazer fan from day -20, I can say with
>
> I'm not sure what "day -20" is - is it a reference?

I don't have anything against Keanu except that he keeps getting put into
roles where he just does not belong. He can't pull off Constantine. They
should have taken someone who could. Hell, I could pull off Constantine
better and I can't fake a British accent. Oh, the script sucks as well. It's
a really poor substitute for the Dangerous Habits storyline (one of the drop
dead best storylines there was for the character) and fails miserably. It
tries to add in stuff from other issues and arcs and fails in that. I can
shoot spoilers all day but bottom line is, it's a poor farce. Keanu just
compounds the poor script. If it was a fantastic script than maybe he would
work better, but....

>> strong authority that the movie not only sucks, but is one of those sucky
>> classics that people will go to see just because it has keanu (whooh, I
>> know occult).
>
> I personally don't have a problem with Keanu in general - I've liked a lot
> of his stuff.  If he could do a British accent he might have actually been
> able to pull this off.  But it would have just been so much easier to do
> it
> right from the get go.

True. Carrey without the good mask script would have been a normal carrey
overacting stinker. Instead it was a script that capitalized on his ability
and limitations and made a great showing.
>> The mask was a Jim Carrey vehicle and would have failed without him.
>
> Perhaps - but I don't see much a distinction.  The movie was good because
> of
> a good script and good casting - so it was a good movie.  Carry's been in
> bad (and in truly awful) movies as well - so it wasn't just his presence
> alone that made it work.
>

> It looks like somebody, at least, has actually talked about an "Aquaman"
> movie.  ;^)  (It also claims that "Fantastic Four" is "the longest running
> comic book series in history"... I didn't think it was... am I crazy?)
Officially somewhere over 500 issues. But then again, Jerry Lewis had a
comic for over 100 as did Jimmy Olsen. Long runs don't really mean all that
much.