Sorry to say you are pretty much screwed with that saved game.

I haven't seen this exact problem before, but Burnout games (1,2 and 3) are
"machine specific".  They can not be copied to memory cards (most anoying if
you play at friends houses) and if (like me) you have a chipped box or two
you like to mess arround with you will notice the games don't work on any
box other than the one they were originally saved on.

You can copy the games to another Xbox over the LAN with FTP (chipped boxes
only here) and it just won't work, you can even try swapping the hard drives
over (chip required again) and it still refuses to work.  The saves appear
in the MS Dashboard, they even show up in burnout, but they are recognised
as "possibly corrupt" and the game won't load them. :(

--
Jay