> Jim wrote:
> Spotted.  Dick.

I had this!!  (and bubbles and squeek)  both are tasty.  I spent
awhile in London near Canary Wharf before I got over Bevis & Butthead
and couldn't resist saying, "I'd like the spotted dick please."

Their breakfast buffets were nasty!  Black blood sausage, and all
other sorts of disgusting stuff.  Their fruit was mostly from a can
and I went up to the poached egg bar once (just once).  The "chef" was
standing in front of this large soup kettle and I thought poached eggs
would be my safety food.

He slid the eggs into the pot while I waited, then fished them out
with a spoon and slid them onto my plate.  To my horror, there wasn't
water in the pot, but lard, and the eggs came with about 2 TBS of
grease each which quickly congealed around the cold food.

I never got those again.