I sent an email reciently to a list of writers I'm on about the massive
copywrite infringment going on with scanned comics. I have a full T of comics
already and there's still more coming down. Comics come out Wensday and I have
60%-80% of them by Wensday night. (I'm doing this as a favor to a friend who
wants to track all this as its happening).
The response from some of the writers? Who cares. Comics make no money, comics
are just vehicles for 'real' things like movies, TV shows and merchandicing.
Who cares if you can download every superman comic that was ever printed. You
can't even say for sure that the comic industry is losing money because of
this.
These arguments drive me crazy. Here are professional writers and editors just
scoffing at massive scanning operations as if it means nothing. It would
normally make me want to scream, but I've got a list of things to do and
screaming isn't on it. :(
Yes, this was just a rant.