Just saw it.

Two-second review:

It could have been a hell of a lot worse (pun noted and accepted).

Longer review:

Honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  I mean it could
have been really, really bad, but this wasn't even close to that bad.  ;^)

I've been a fan of John Constantine since the character was introduced in
Swamp Thing.  If you're looking for an accurate representation you shouldn't
look here.

Most of the changes were just plain needless.  John (in the comic) is a
blonde, British, heavy smoker who wears a yellow-brown trench coat and hangs
around London.  John (in the movie) is a brunette, American, smoker who
wears a black trench coat and hangs around Los Angeles.

His friend Chas (in the comic) is a British friend his own age who owns a
cab and owes John big time although Chas's wife hates him.  He swears a lot
and wants nothing to with John's craziness.  Chas (in the movie) is an
American kid half John's age who owns a cab and wants to follow in John's
footstep.

Papa Midnight (in the comic) is a big, loud Hatian shaman who wears a white
top-hat.  Papa Midnight (in the movie) is a medium-build, quiet, American
shaman who wears cloths straight out of "Def Comedy Jam".

In short I just don't see why they changed any of it.  The actual plot
(which was surprisingly cohesive and true in spirit to the source material)
didn't require any of those changes at all.  Not a one.  The entire plot
could have just as easily happened in London with a John that said
"bollocks".

Still, considering the movie from the standpoint of somebody that doesn't
know the comic at all, it was actually pretty good.  The plot was
straight-forward and didn't meander much (as some comic-book movies do) and
the characters go to say their piece.

>From the point of view of a comic fan it was less successful, but a much
better shot than you might think.  John was suitably acerbic and the plot
pulled together some of the more memorable elements of several comic
storylines (and wove them together rather well).

Keanu was... well... Keanu.  Racheal Weisz was (I thought surprisingly)
cardboard as well, but not awfully so.  She just didn't seem tremendously
invested.

The effects were all suitably twisted (scalpless demons and the landscape of
Hell were particularly well done) and surprisingly (I thought) subdued in
all the right places.

All told it actually worth an open-minded look see.

Jim Davis