> Larry wrote:
> nature vs. nurture debate.

Hasn't that been solved for years based on the research of twins
separated by birth?  The result is - both!

I remember reading about a study of about 100 twins and there were
interesting tidbits:

1.) 2 males, both raised in suburbia, both became firemen and both had
the same number of kids, and drank the same beer.  Their wives were
actually acquaintences and they lived a few miles from each other even
though they'd grown up in different towns.

2.) 2 females, one raised 'rough' and the other raised in suburbia,
had vastly different paths.  One went to college and had a corporate
job,  the other worked various jobs including as a stripper and was an
alcoholic a drug addict.  With her sister's help she cleanup up her
life, went back to College, and got a corporate job.

The remember the conclusion being related to emotional development and
self-image.  You'd probably know more than I, though.