I use the GUI when I want to examine / modify a single existing table,
or if I want to use the diagramming wizard in MSSQL's EM to create
foreign key constraints because I'm being lazy. Beyond that I usually
use Query Analyzer... I often find myself doing this:

select table_name, column_name
from information_schema.columns
where column_name like '%something%'
order by table_name, column_name

I wouldn't have to with any db I designed myself, but the schema here
is pretty fragmented unfortunately.

> I type some out, copy and paste some, or I use a GUI.
> When I use a
> GUI though I have it show me the SQL and I save that to a
> txt file and
> use that file when I move to Test or Production.

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:28:45 -0500, Adam Haskell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Actually I prefer to just type it out in PL/SQL or in my
>> case at work
>> in Quantum DB or Query Analyzer. I think about the only
>> time I crack
>> open Enterprise Manager is when I want to copy over data
>> from a
>> production server. Since most of the time I have to write
>> a script
>> that will create the table ect anyways I ussually just
>> type it out to
>> begin with :)
>>
>> Adam H

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117