Well, it's $270 for a new steering column. I've actually determined
though that someone I know that owes me a favor and needs money is a
certified mechanic, so this may change the definition of "worth
fixing." It actually looks like the damage is confined to the small
window vent and the steering column, plus the existing transmission
fluid leak. I am mostly way past caring what people think of my
vehicle -- as long as they don't try to steal it -- but it would be
nice to have somethig I could meet a client in.

Dana