Sarcastic?  Maybe 50%.  You do have some good info, however.  Thanks!

________________________________

From: Ben Doom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 2/21/2005 4:57 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Diet Study and Experts

Why did the chicken cross the road?
To prove to the possum it could be done.

The problem with creating '100%' healthy food is twofold.

First, animals love to eat food that, in quantity, is bad for you.  Fat,
sugar, etc. are all very high-yield sources of calories, so our brains
(designed back when food was scarce) just looooooove them.

Second, there's no such thing as a food that you can overeat on and not
get sick.  If it has all the vitamins you need, you'll OD on the
fat-soluble ones (like A) eventually.  If it has a positive caloric
yield, at some point it'll make you fat.  If it doesn't, overeating of
it may lead to a diet with too few calories (something most Americans
wouldn't recognize).

Hmm.  Can you tell I've spent the last 10 years talking with
nutritionists?  Oi!  And, at the end of this long reply, I realize that
you just might have been being sarcastic.  :-)

--Ben