OK well, remember that you asked for this.....

Personally I dislike them both, mostly because of the colors. I am
looking at this on an elderly Thinkpad and the colors look dull
marigold and teal-ish blue to me and they just don't go together.

I agree with those who are saying bring the left hand box closer or,
alternatively, dispense with it. Right now it is registering with me
as two separate items, the box then the word, not what  you want for a
logo, I think. I think you could dispense with it, personally. I don't
dislike it but I don't think it adds much.

If the market is professional anybody I would go with the second one
over the first, hands down. The first makes me think Seventeen
Magazine or barbie.com or something else geared to pre-teen girls. Of
which I as the mother of a pre-teen girl (who finds such publications
annoying) have seen too much... On the other hand the second one is a
little toooo Jetsons, too seventies-type-computer font...... in my
opinion.

My advice is go with two in a slightly modified font and different
colors, and consider losing the lefthand whatsit.. Are you using a
netscape palate? There seem to be a lot of differing opinions as to
what the colors actually *are*....

Your mileage of course may vary and you are free to disagree with some
or all of these thoughts.

Dana