term is a good idea for professionals with lots of debt and young
children. I agree though that things like goals, aversion to risk and
most especially current age and financial situation need to be taken
into account. But what he said. This is not financial advice. I
haven't had a securities license in years.

Still, let me mention an idea that surfaced in thsi thread....
disability insurance. Some of you may recall that a friend of mine had
a massive stroke at the age of 40. She wound up having to sell her
house anyway, primarily because she could not longer drive and it was
beyond the reach of public transportation, but the disabilty policy
allowed her the time to organize this so that she got a decent price
and it wasn't a fiasco kicked off by  loss of income. Something to
think about.

Dana