My grasp of macroeconomics is only ok and it's been a while since I
studied it in any serious way. But here are some no doubt wildly
over-simplified speculations and hopefully someone else will chime in
to tell us how far off I am. If the bourse sells oil for euros, this
will result in an increased demand for euros. Since I am not sure how
much of the world's oil would go through there,  I can't speculate as
to the size of the increase, but it presumably will be accompanied by
a weaker-than-otherwise demand for dollars. If demand for dollars
decreases, their price will fall. A falling dollar will mean that our
paychecks, in dollars, will buy fewer imported goods -- such as oil
for example. It will take more dollars to fill your gas tank or to buy
that Scottish whiskey.

American goods on the other hand will cost somewhat less abroad so
there may be increased demand for American exports -- whatever they
are.  I am sure there are some, but the US is a net consumer of goods
at the moment and has been a service economy for some time. Cars,
probably, except that we don't really make the gas-efficient small
cars the rest of the world prefers.....

Short answer,  it seems likely to cause economic hardship,
unemployment and recession. Possibly an increase in manufacturing.
Depending on the numbers... yes, I think the economy could collapse.

Dama