It always amazed me that on my Computer Science course you could get a
degree without ever learning how to install software let alone
hardware!

I must admit there have been a few nightmares in my past (recent past
when it comes to setting up a wireless network on windows), but once
you are past the initial learning curve you will be suprised at how
simple PC hardware is these days.