> Dana wrote:
> So, issue #1. When does it become a crime to give a woman with brain
> damage something to drink? And most of all, *why*?

To me here's the key fact: she's married!  So the primary question is,
when a married spouse cannot speak for his/herself who should?

You seem to be arguing that outsiders, should they disagree with the
spouse's decision, should be able to override that decision.  What
that really means is that there are no marital rights - you're
advocating some type of state mandated decison body.

So, who in the state?  Senators?  Judges?  An agency?

Those are the questions.  Either we say the spouse has the final say
or we don't.

I would agree that we need to make sure the spouse is of sound mind,
but if that's determined to be true, then what?  Do you still advocate
revocation of rights if the decisions don't mesh with yours?