It depends on how many people are in your neighborhood and how the cable
company has the neighborhoods divided.

I was the second person in my town to get cable.  I was getting around
5Mb/sec for quite a while.  Then, as more people got on, it went down a
bit.  Every now and then, the speed does improve when they do upgrades.

dslreports.com has some good speed testing tools.  On my wireless
laptop, I get about 1.5Mb/sec.  On a hard-wired PC, I get over 3Mb/sec.
I know that the type of computer shouldn't make a difference since the
bottleneck *is* the cable connection, so I attribute the speed
difference to the differences in the hardware and how much wireless data
my Linksys can spit out versus the speed of the wired data.

Cable has the capability "burst" speeds, but shared bandwidth.  DSL has
a fixed top-end, but is not shared.

I would still prefer cable over DSL from what I heard from a guy that
switched from DSL to cable.

I would expect a phone guy to say DSL is better just as I would expect a
cable guy to say cable is better.

M!ke

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Ihrig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:49 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: dsl or cable

ok, been having a heck of a time with my current isp Time-Warner just
trying to switch locations from apartment to house.
they have deleted my account now TWICE in 2 weeks!

i just wanted to change a date of install, and they deleted my account.

so for a game junkie, which is better?
dsl or cable?

supposedly we get 5mb down.

just getting tired of this.
our phone guy said dsl was way faster & a constant rate.

just not sure.

thanks
-paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Discover CFTicket - The leading ColdFusion Help Desk and Trouble 
Ticket application

http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=48

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:152246
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to