People have the right to decide to die. If they make a bad decision
you can try to talk them out of it but ultimately it is their
decision. I should mention though that I have talked to peopel who
were stopped from committing suicide who were glad that they were
stopped. So maybe it depends on the person's state of mind. I have no
problem with the pope saying hey I am the pope and I am not going into
the ICU even if that means I might die, what the heck I have had a
good life. That isn't even suicide; it's declining heroic measures.

It's when the wishes aren't known that it gets tricky as there is no
objective "best" for someone like Terri Schiavo. BTW I saw a column
that pointed out that really, the gap between the two camps on the
Schiavo issue is really not that large.

Most people say that if Terri did wish to die then the right thing was
done, and not if not. I think this is true; at least that's the way I
feel.

Dana