>From everything I have read in the court documents and the testimony
of all the various experts involved. Even those experts who supported
the Schindlers showed a remarkable consistency in their descriptions
of Terri Shiavo. Breifly put, there was no consistency in her
behavior, no intensionality. There was nothing that can be possibly
described as consistent behavior.

For example in the  court testimony of one of the neurologists who
examined her described Terri apparently smiling when her mother came
in the room. What many who were against removing her gastric feeding
tube seem to forget, is that Ms. Shiavo's expression did not change
when her mother went into the next room, or when the neurologist
rubbed her neck. Similary much was made of the video of Terri Shiavo
tracking a balloon with her eyes. That was never replicated. Terri
Shiavo fit all the requisite criteria for PVS - and given the damage
to her CNS would never get better.

larry