I love those guys too...

In 2000, I got to see Steve Smith (formerly of Journey) playing with
some Buddy Rich alumni...

Buddy's Buddies.

I saw them in Montreal.

Steve Markus on sax, along with Andy Fusco on sax, I can't remember
who the piano player and bass player were on that tour although I
remember that the bass player had played with Billy Cobham quite a
bit.

Awesome show.... reading charts, something about reading charts.

I took a gig a few years back playing in a back up band for an Elvis
impersonator, a Roy Orbison impersonator and a Buddy Holly
impersonator (all from England).

I had charts, I hadn't read charts like that in years, since high
school.... playing with charts and "jamming" with the music and the
charts is an art in itself.

Steve Smith would be playing along occasionally glancing over, and
once in a drum break, he put a stick in his mouth and turn a page....
while doing some stuff that us mortals dream of... at times he looked
like his limbs just couldn't stop moving while he was reading a book.

It was nuts in an extremely beautiful way!

Plus, seeing the other guys was a real peice of music history.
Steve Markus and Andy Fusco were killer.

Yves