Whats the possibility of dividing the $382 between the 2 funds?
$191 to each fund.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 11:55 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Raffle Money: Where should we send it?

Fellow Community Members,

Due to your efforts at the Community Suite, we managed to raise $562. This
was an amazing thing! I am going to send a check out today, in the name of
the ColdFusion community. The money is going to be divided this way:

1. $180 to Byteback, an organization based in Washington DC that helps
educate homeless people in Web technologies to enable them to get jobs.

2. $382 to a fund to help relief efforts from Sept. 11th.

The question is, which relief fund do we contribute to? I'm torn between
these two possibilities:

- Twin Towers Fund (http://www.nyc.gov/html/em/twintowersfund.html) set up
by Mayor Guiliani to help "assist, support, and recognize the families of
the members of the uniformed services of the New York City Fire Department
and its Emergency Medical Service Command, the New York City Police
Department, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the New York
State Office of Court Administration and other government offices who lost
their lives or were injured because of the tragedies of September 11, 2001
at the World Trade Center in New York City. If resources permit, the
families of other persons who lost their lives or were injured during those
tragedies may also be included as beneficiaries."

- September 11th Children's Fund (http://www.libertyunites.org/s11cf.adp)
"established to promote the long-term emotional, mental and physical health
and well being of children and families affected by the September 11, 2001
tragedy. This fund will support services to the surviving children of
flight crew and passengers on the airplanes that crashed; clerical workers,
secretaries, security, maintenance and others who were lost at the World
Trade Center and the Pentagon; children of Fire, Police, EMS and other
rescue workers who gave their lives in efforts to save others; and children
who reside in the nearby New York City and Washington DC neighborhoods that
have been devastated, and other children who have been deeply affected by
the tragedy."

So -- Any thoughts? Or should we just split the money down the middle here
and give to both funds?

Judith