> Snohomish County? Isn't that like the Washington side of the Columbia
> River Gorge?

Not exactly... There's King, Pierce and Thurston counties (among
others) and the Cascade range in between us and the Gorge.

I live in Everett which is right on Puget Sound. Granite Falls is
15ish miles from my door. Meth is a huge problem in this state.

The house next door to mine, now owned by a nice couple from Ballard,
once had the back end burned off of it in the early 90s because a
meth-lab blew up inside. That was the second "accident" on that
property.

A house across the street from me sits on a lot that used to be
occupied by another house and meth lab till it burned (rumor has it
that a neighbor torched the place as there was no explosion).

> Seems a bit odd, a lot of expensive properties around
> there.

lots and lots of them, and it doesn't keep meth out necessarily...

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher