> Not to be obnoxious about it, but do you have a reference
> for the KKK
> case?  I know that the ACLU has defended the rights of
> Klan members to
> burn crosses, but I vaguely remember it being only on
> their own
> property.  Burning on someone else's property would
> constitute
> tresspassing and vandalism, after all.  :-\

> The NAMBLA example, I'll quickly believe.  It seems to me
> that as long
> as you don't lie, any printed material should be covered
> by the First
> Amendment.  Otherwise, you run the risk of redefining
> journalism
> (something we're seeing right now with blogging) and
> preventing the
> encouragement of peaceful, though illegal, protesting.  As
> abhorrent as
> I think the contents of the pamphlet you describe are, I
> still think
> they should be protected.  Anyone who carries them out,
> however, should
> be castrated (for a start).  May the punishment fit the
> crime.

Although that brings up the completely separate issue of the fact that
castration doesn't prevent sexual abuse... Generally speaking because
it's usually not about receiving pleasure for the abuser, so they just
find some other more inventive way to abuse people. If it were just
about receiving pleasure, they'd generally just go be hedonists
somewhere and there wouldn't be a problem. But yes, the right to print
something should be protected vs. actually performing the act which
should be punished. Heck, if nothing else, protecting their right to
print the material should make it easier for the police to protect
people from the practice, since it would provide them with the same
information. Harder for the cops to get the info if it's illegal to
print it.

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with