>I am looking for a good API/Web service for translation of english to
>other languages. Anyone here work with any real good ones?
>
>Thanks!

Machine translation is passable for casual browsing for your own purposes, but
it isn't good enough to use in place of a human translator. Even for a person
that is fluent in both languages, it is difficult work. I have done some
english-spanish / spanish-english translation and I can attest to how hard it
is.

When you see high quality translations of good novels, for instnace, you
probably take for granted the amount of labor that goes into the translated
text. I had a literature professor in Spain who had translated a couple of
Balzac novels from french into spanish. He described it as a labor of love
because it was exremely difficult and paid very poorly for the amount of work
involved.

Don't be surprised if you use machine translation and end up with something
non-sensical or totally offensive to your readers. That's no joke, either, it
is a very real problem with machine translation. There is a reason good
interpreters make the same kind of money as good software engineers.