Yes, I did notice this (which is why my local-only version didnt work.)

I think google is actually fetching the file and applying it to the
page during the map request. The xml also can't be behind a password
protected area.

I spent the weekend getting lat/long values for all my db entries, so
I can start plotting them.

I also spent way too much time learning how to create Rocket ebooks
from cold fusion using the rbmake java classes, as well as reading and
writing metadata for .rb, mp3, pdb, pdf, jpg, gif