I use XMail at home:

http://www.xmailserver.org/

Freeware, cross-platform, uses a plugin-style architecture. There is a Win32
GUI configuration tool. Overall it isn't hard to set up- the biggest issues are
understanding all about mail routing, reverse DNS, etc.

It supports POP3/SMTP/Finger. Allows for multiple domains. I use a little GUI
app for the admin as well- very easy.

There are a bunch of plugins for it. I currently have it running with an AV
filter that calls F-Prot, a content/spam filter, and a filter engine called
Scope:

http://www.saltstorm.net/depo/scopee/?pod=js

Scope allows you to call out-of-process Perl scripts in a persistent
environment. I use it to run SpamAssassin, which doesn't have a daemon on
Win32. Very cool little solution.

The only thing it doesn't have at the moment that I want is IMAP support. Not a
big deal, though.