On 6/6/05, Robert Munn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now the most intriguing discussion will be licensing of the Mac OS. Will
> Steve Jobs have it in him to open up the OS to be licensed to OEMs? I'd like
> to see a dual processor, dual core Alienware AMD64 workstation running Mac OS
> and Windows XP in dual boot mode.

I would too, but don't count on the platform magically opening up.
Apple announced Intel, not the x86/x86-64 as a generic platform.

--
After Jobs' presentation, Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller
addressed the issue of running Windows on Macs, saying there are no

However, Schiller said the company does not plan to let people run Mac
OS X on other computer makers' hardware. "We will not allow running
Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac," he said.
--
http://news.com.com/Apple+throws+the+switch,+aligns+with+Intel/2100-7341_3-5733756.html?tag=macintouch

I didn't even see anything in or from the keynote thateven specified
32 vs 64 bit. What was demoed was undoubtedly 32 bit since it was
Tiger.

-Kevin