> From: Sam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> You list cutting and bulking but I do neither. I always go
> for strength training and avoid bulking as much as possible
> (to prevent the lazy days sagging).

If you are gaining strenth you are building muscle, so you are bulking...
you just aren't getting that bodybuilder look but nonetheless it is bulking.

> Not everyone. There were many times I've had two or three
> jobs. Then I was thisclose to becoming a dot com millionaire,
> which meant 90 hr weeks plus the side projects. Then when I
> had a baby I didn't have the time or the strength for at
> least a year, mainly due to lack of sleep.

There is always time. You don't need a gym or fancy dancy machines, etc.
Walk, sit-ups, push-ups, lunges, body squats, etc are all good ways to get
exercise. You just have to make it part of your day. If you choose to work
90 hours a week and have no time or energy to workout then you are choosing
not to devote anytime to fitness. I don't have any kids yet but I have been
in the multiple job situation and it sucks; but so does being out of shape
and overweight so finding the time is tough, but doable.

> Once you fall out of the routine getting back in is the hard
> part, especially if you move around, finding a new gym and
> getting to it.

So very true. Even a week off every 8 or 10 weeks is tough to recover from.
Your body thanks you but your mind is tricked back into its lazy ways.

> Hi glycemic carbs are only good right after an intense
> workout. At no other time are they good for you. I'm talking
> about everyday life, three meals a day and two snacks a day.

6 meals a day, every 2-3 hours is best... coupled with 8 hours of sleep :-)