yay :) I am glad that the story has a fairly happy ending...

Dana

On 6/11/05, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For anyone interested in baby robins:
> 
> 1.) We had a big storm which I think loosened a robin's nest that was
> between a storm gutter and porch post on our front porch.
> 
> 2.) At some point one evening the nest fell and since I was watching
> the nest frequently I all of a sudden noticed it gone.
> 
> 3.) Upon investigation the nest had fallen about 8 feet onto
> landscaping rocks and was upside down with the babies on the rocks
> underneath.
> 
> 4.) I looked at the nest but it was a loss and one of the babies was
> for sure dead with 2 for sure alive.
> 
> 5.) I quickly cut the bottom off of a 1 gallon plastic milk jug,
> punched holes for drainage, threaded some zip ties to the bottom, and
> lined it with some dish towels.  Then I carefully put the babies into
> the makeshift nest and tied it up onto the gutter where the old nest
> had been.
> 
> 6.) I didn't have high hopes and although the mama found the nest, I
> thought the birds may have sustained critical injuries.
> 
> 7.) Sure enough the next day the mama had ejected one of the dead
> babies that looked not-so-good when I put it in the nest.  I buried it
> and the one that died in the fall.
> 
> 8.) The mama then incubated the babies for a day or so and when I saw
> her gone I checked the nest and the 2 babies were still there and
> breathing.
> 
> 9.) I saw the mama coming and going, but I never saw the babies eat so
> I was worried they'd die.
> 
> 10.) Then yesterday they poked out and begged for food and today I saw
> them sleeping again, but then they begged for food when I tapped the
> nest.
> 
> Looks like everything is fine for now.  I was prepared to feed them
> with the tinned beef dog food on a toothpick, but I'm hoping the mama
> can take over.  It's been rewarding!
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Discover CFTicket - The leading ColdFusion Help Desk and Trouble 
Ticket application

http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=48

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160456
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to