On 6/10/05, Vivec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That 24 inch Dell, can you feed an Xbox component video cable into it,
> and will it output a 720p signal? Does it support HDTV?

I haven't tested either of this. I seem to remember a PC Mag review
saying it didn't support 'real' HDTV - I don't remember exactly what
that means. You _can_ feed video directly into it - I'm just not sure
if it is component video. You can even do PiP where the PC stuff is
the main display, and the PIP is your Video In. I don't do that since
I already have a TV Tuner card.

> Also, how is it for gaming? do you need to be able to play your game
> at the native 1680xwhatever resolution, or can you scale back to the
> normal 1280 x 1024 and still run it?

I run it at top rez for whatever game I play - that's because I've got
a darn good video card, the ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition.