If hostrocket.com is managing his DNS, he needs to move the DNS as well. They
are not likely to host the DNS for free, see what I mean?

The two big discount domain registrars/DNS hosts I have experience with are
godaddy.com (of Super Bowl ad fame) and Yahoo. I use Yahoo myself and have had
good experiences with it.

Your friend will need to find out where the domain is registered. If he isn't
one of the contacts on the WHOIS record, he will need to work with hostrocket
to have them make the change. Make sense?

Rob