> Would it be a stretch to think that it could be construed to be a
conspiracy > to harm or murder someone?
 Not at all. "Outing" an undercover operative is the kind of thing that gets
those operatives killed. That is why the identity of operatives is
classified. That is why revealing the identities even after the fact is a
felony.
 If Rove _is_ the source of the information then he has committed a federal
crime, if he merely confirmed the information, then he is an accesory after
the fact. Not necessarily treason, but still a felony nonetheless.
 I expect that the "investigation" into this matter will, of course,
exonerate Rove, For after all, where would the Emporer be without his Vader?

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher