Remember - this is Russia.  As bad a pseudo-science has gotten here it's 100
times worse there.  Crackpots and charlatans of every stripe are making
small fortunes there preying on the confusion after the fall of communism.

Most heads of state have paid astrologers and many astrologers are very
highly respected.

Of course the traditional "science" of astrology makes no mention of comets
(in fact it makes no mention of several planets since, apparently, if you
can't see them they can't affect you).  I'm sure there're people out there
revising charts and everything, but comets generally aren't included.

I've faith in the system that this won't actually get to trial, but I'm
actually masochistically interested in what would happen if the Russian
court granted the motion.  Would NASA actually defend itself?  Would it
ignore the whole matter?

Jim Davis