From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:11 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: speaking of

loathe wrote:
> 2. From our classes, and we never went into articles, us dumb grunts don't
> need to know that sort of stuff, we were told that if they weren't in
> uniform and they weren't carrying a government issued military id card
than
> they were saboteurs or spies and could be summarily executed.

That is a slightly more narrow definition then the one in the treaty:
"6 Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy
spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had
time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms
openly and respect the laws and customs of war."
http://wikisource.org/wiki/Third_Geneva_Convention#Article_4

Jochem