Yes, I think you are right, I bought one ring tone from cingular and
said I would never do it again.

It seems like a crap fad and a waste of money.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Childress [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:29 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Are SMS / Ringtones / Backgrounds the new 900 number?

Back in the day when charge-per-call or charge-per-minute phone lines
were introduced there was a rash of less intelligent folk who called
them and ran up their phone bills, not entirely understanding that it
actually costs money to chat with "Local Single Blondes" or to call
the "Joke of the Day" line.  During that time I remember tons of
television ads for there phone services, and not just at 2:00AM.

Nowadays those lines are less popular and there's less advertising for
them.  Poeple know that if you call them you will be charged.  Then
along comes SMS, and Ringtones, and "Cellphone background images".  I
have seen a HUGE increase in advertising for these, particularly
marketed towards the most naive market segments.  The small print on
the commercials is VERY small, and hardly explain how much your phone
bill will be charged for using them.

Anyone else see a 20/20 or 60 Minutes special in our future "exposing"
these as rip off scams with huge bills and fuming parents complaining
that their kid downloaded the most current "Snoop Diggity Dog" rap
ringtone and a "Hot Blonde" background for their phone without
realiseing that they were going to rack up charges in the process?

Maybe I just watch too much MTV...

-Cameron



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support 
efficiency by 100%
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:165693
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to