I'm not blaming the victim ... I'm assuming that the police identified
themselves and you are assuming that they didn't.  The victim, in this case,
was observed jumping over the turnstile and was in the country illegally which
may be the reason that he ran.  If the police did not identify themselves then
I can see a reason for running away.  If they did then he ran away because he
was breaking the law.

Either way, it's a tragedy for the victim and his family and also the policeman
that shot him.  Until I hear otherwise I'll assume that the police identified
themselves.

Howie

--- On Monday, July 25, 2005 11:03 AM, Jennifer Larkin scribed: ---