He's the only one that can save you!
Fear! Fear!Fear!
It's healthy! It's good!
Oh and Vote Bush,
he's the only one that can save you!
Panic! Panic! Panic!
Save yourself!
Oh , no wait,
Vote Bush! *he's* the only one that can save you!
---------

"This week, people trying to get into New York City may have been
forgiven for wondering if they were commuting in the wrong country.
Reacting to explosions in the London Underground, Homeland Insecurity
officials in the United States raised the alert level to Code Orange,
and local transit police departments decided to conduct searches of
backpacks of people trying to take trains into Manhattan. If people
refused to be searched, they were turned away.

"It's important to show terrorists that we're not intimidated,"
explained Ron N. Scayard, spokesperson for the Overreaction Force at
the Department of Homeland Insecurity. "That's why, when there's a
crime thousands of miles away across the ocean, we look for the
culprits here, and send thousands of police officers rushing out onto
the streets in reaction. Some people complain that it's a violation of
the Bill of Rights protection of unreasonable search and seizure, but
I say that we all ought to expect to sacrifice a little liberty in
order to keep American trains safe from explosions in the British
Isles."

Explaining the new Orange Alert, Secretary of Homeland Insecurity
Michael Chertoff explained that the key was making the warning system
easy for everyone to understand. "Part of the discussion of coming off
Orange will be asking how far to come off, how gradually, whether
there should be different levels of alertness for different systems,
depending on the threat picture."

A little man standing next to Chertoff elaborated by saying that 22
percent of New York City's subways would on Red Alert, 60 percent
would be on Orange Alert, 3.5 percent of the subways would be on
yellow alert, and the remaining 34.5 percent would be somewhere
between Orange Alert and Yellow Alert, at a special new level alert
known as Grey Poupon Alert.

In the wake of additional bombings at hotels in Sharm El Sheikh,
Homeland Security agents will now be searching everyone who tries to
enter a hotel in New York City. Additional searches will be conducted
upon leaving to check for stolen bathmats and towels.

In related news, after a bank robbery in Rome, the New York City
police announced that they would be inspecting all vehicles leaving
Manhattan in order to make sure that the culprits could not get away.
The chief of police insisted that this extra effort would not
interfere with the ongoing search in Brooklyn for the gun with which a
woman in rural Spain is believed to have shot her husband. "
----------
*smirk*
The dirty game of politics,
and the 90% of the population that fall for it.
Probably true everywhere, but nowhere is it publicised as much
and clearly evident for all to see as in the US ;-)

I can understand taking precautions, but the reaction to the London
bombings just screams of kickbacks, politicising and 'gaining
mileage'. Not to mention the timing of the bombings couldn't have been
better to get the Patriot Act extended for another 10 years. It would
have been political suicide to vote against it right after the
attacks. These coincidences are so funny sometimes. I guess it sends a
message to countries how much they need acts like the Patriot, and how
unimportant things like civil rights are in this 'New World' of
terrorism.