> Dana wrote:
> I agree with you on the Plame case though, that's what John Dean said
> and he should know deep shit when he sees it.

There's a deeper story here and it goes to the heart of journalism.
As I've said before, the press should exist primarily to challenge
government, but that concept has gotten so lost that some people don't
even understand it.

Case in point: Judy Miller.  If Arianna Huffington is to be believed,
Ms. Miller is the epitome of the press having become a publicity agent
of the government.

In her blog, Ms. Huffington claims that Ms. Miller's "source" is, in
fact, HERSELF!  If that's true it's evidence of just how dysfunctional
our government/press relationship has become.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/arianna-huffington/judy-miller-do-we-want-_4791.html