Consumer Reports' feature search for dishwashers is a little... um,
crappy, but putting in your price point with the stainless steel
interior and the self-cleaning (basically, a disposal as I understand
it), returns a bunch of $300-and-less Fridgidaire models.  Some of the
model numbers are FDB710L, FDB750R, and FDBB1940DB (what were they
thinking with these model numbers?)  Those are $240, $300 and $350
respectively.  There's also the Hotpoint HDA3700G ($270) and the GE
GSD5500G ($340).

In a nutshell, it looks like there are approximately one hundred
bazillion dishwashers on the market, all of which have ridiculous model
numbers and similar specs.  I'd recommend doing some window shopping and
getting the spiel for some models that you like, and I'll plug them into
CR and report back which ones are recommended and which ones from which
CR runs screaming.

 - Jim