For whatever reason, I can't seem to figure out a query.

I'm doing some transformation on data I'm transferring from Access into SQL
Server.

I have two tables - CityContacts and Cities.  CityContacts contains fields -
CityAbbreviation and CityID (a new field that is null at this time)  along
with other data.  CityTable also contains CityId (a numeric unique id for
each city) and CityAbbreviation (also unique).  These two tables are linked
via the City Abbreviation, meaning a row in A is related to a row in B if
their City Abbreviations are the same.

I'm moving to a numeric ID for the cities, and can't seem to figure out an
update query to update each row in CityContacts with the correct CityID from
CityTable.  Can you please help?  Do I need to loop over this or is there a
simpler query that I can use?

Thanks,

Matthew Small