So in that case, speaking as Pope, the late John Paul's encyclical on
evolution was incorrect? It concluded that there was evolution and the
teachings of the Catholic Church were not in conflict. Same with the
Episcopalian and most other protestant churches. Only the evangelical
churches that follow a prescript of biblical literalism or other
fundimentalist belief object to the scientific theory of evolution
being taught in science classes.

I am all for competing theories being taught in science classes.
Provided the following: the competing theory fit within the same
criteria as any scientific theory; It explains the available data more
adequately than the current theories and is testable.

Only the theory of evolution fit all these criteria. Creationism fails
on all of them and Intelligent Design fails on all as well.

I have no objection to your practicing religion in its proper place.
By wanting to practice it in the school, gives a government stamp of
approval to that religious belief. That directly violates the
separation clause.

larry