I can see the point for some things, but not for this (or a lot)... any
"Flash Site" that offers a menu should, I think, also offer a way to link
to/bookmark menu items.

If you're giving a visitor control of their visit from within the movie, why
not from without?

In short if you're going to adopt navigational standards from traditional
web sites inside Flash don't hamstring them.  ;^)

Jim Davis