We clearly have a difference of opinions. I don't know what was said
between Bush and his advisors.  But I cannot fault a man for trying to
run through all the possibilities before committing to action.   I
wonder what FDR did for the first 7 minutes after Pearl Harbor was
bombed. Do think there was a difference if he made his decision in 30
seconds vs. 7 minutes?

If the Fire Chief at Ground Zero waited 7 minutes before leaving the
station or had his fire fighters wait seven minutes before going into
action I would be concerned.  But I don't see what Bush could have done
in 7 minutes that would have changed anything.

I guess he should have excused himself from the classroom, and got out
of the view of the cameras and had his conversations in private.

Were there cameras on Tony Blair when he was told of the bombings? Or
did he get in front of them 15 minutes later to make his announcement
before heading back London?

The nation is under attack - it doesn't matter if it's Russians,
Cubans, Terrorists, etc.  And the President had no idea who it was at
the time anyway.  The process is the same:  What, when, where, how,
who's responding.

Have you ever heard of the Art of War?  It's used in business all of
the time.  Why?  Because attack and defense are universal.

So you're clearly wrong.  I'm absolutely shocked that ANYONE would try
to defend a leader who sits stupid for 7 minutes upon hearing his
country is under attack.  If you are, then you deserve that leader.

BTW - if you ever want to get into computer security I wouldn't
mention you think crises reaction time is situational.