On 8/24/05, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want my leader to be out of his chair and directing immediately upon
> notice of a crisis.  It's what I do, it's what I expect my people to
> do, and it's what every colleague I know does.

Directing what? I don't see it as a difference in expectation of
leadership so much as a difference in opinion of who is the
situational responder.

I wouldn't expect the Chancellor of my University to do diddley if we
fell under a concerted hacker attack. I would expect the IT managers
to jump and deal with it. At most, the Chancellor might be informed.
But he'd only get in the way of any work to fix the problem. After the
problem was dealt with, the Chancellor would be involved in reviewing
what failed and how to prevent it in the future.

-Kevin