> As I've said many times, I'm surprised the short term numbers are as
> good as they are, but here's the deal:
>
> While all of the normal economic indicators look good, their
> comparative ratios look crazy.  This indicates that the economy is
> definitely NOT normal; Mr. Greenspan has called it a "conundrum", in
> fact.  So this is where the art comes in.
>
> You've got some people, such as yourself, who are looking at the
> standard indicators and saying everything is fine, and you've got
> others who looking at the comparative numbers and sensing something is
> wrong.  (For example corporate cash)
>
> For sure we know we're deep in debt and we've got huge obligations coming
> up.
>
> How it's going to turn out, I don't know.  But I'm an engineer by
> training so I don't like when things don't add up  and I don't see
> things adding up.
>
> So, it comes down to how you view an unseasonably cool sunny day.
> Some say it's sunny so who cares, some say warmer days are ahead, and
> some say storms are coming.
>
> I say storms are coming.

I've gotta agree with Gruss "Instant Action" Gott on this one. Economic
downturns are almost always preceded by unsustainable spending booms. Bush
saying "hey, things are ok right now", is not a valid answer when questioned
about the dangers of his out of control spending and it's eventual affect on
the future economy.