> Brian  wrote:
> I"m on the liberty side of the fence too. But I admit that doing so pretty
> much guarantees that another terrorist attack will take place

Well here is where I think the Bush Administration has really failed -
they've basically pushed a solution as if it's either nothing or that.
 Rather than take that view Mr. Bush should be encouraging a national
debate about liberties people are willing to give up and/or tolerate.

For example, I would be fine with having cameras in public spaces such
as bus stops, subways, etc., extra border security, ethnic profiling,
etc.  I'm not fine with illegal searches, secret investigations, being
held without charge, or violations of attorney client privilege